The Ambassadors is a group of students involved in the promotion of worldwide missions. A vital part of Crossroads College's missions program, this organization includes students who have committed themselves to active involvement in the field of missions, as well as students who have decided to promote the "World Christian" movement through Christian congregations wherever the Lord calls them.
The Ambassadors are involved in:
- ongoing education in mission needs and the needs of missionaries
- preparation for mission services
- development of and participation in cross-cultural, short-term mission experiences
- sponsorship of the annual "Mission Emphasis Week" on campus
- promotion and encouragement of the total student body toward mission understanding and commitment
The Ambassadors meet at least once per month for discussion, prayer, presentations on world missions needs and strategic efforts to meet those needs, or work on missions projects. This group will assist students in determining whether their own gifts, skills and abilities are appropriate for cross-cultural missionary services. Issues of cross-cultural living are discussed in light of biblical commitment and social/emotional demands.
The Chorale, directed by Professor Brian Dunbar, performs several times during the year, including a ten-day spring tour during Ministry Week. Auditions and course registration are required. To learn more about the Crossroads Chorale and other music ensembles, click here.
The Student Council consists of:
- officers elected by the entire student body
- one representative selected by each single student town house
- one representative chosen by apartment dwellers
- one person representing students living off campus
It is the official student voice of opinion and attitudes relative to college life and policy. The Student Council is designed to coordinate the work and interests of the classes and school organizations, to promote harmony and fellowship, and to contribute toward the college's institutional goals and objectives. The Student Council is responsible for organizing a number of all-campus events.
International Students Fellowship
Throughout the college's history, Crossroads College has been committed to education for Christian ministry not only students from the US, but students from around the world. In any given year, international students make up a significant proportion of the student body. In the last decade, for example, Crossroads has hosted students from:
- New Zealand
- the Philippines
These students have formed the International Students Fellowship. The purpose of this organization is to:
- provide opportunities for international students to explore together their needs and difficulties in cultural and academic adjustment
- identify ways to help international students help each other and themselves
- provide insight to the college for meaningful and effective support of these students.
Qualified students may participate in music and drama groups, such as Adoration Vocal Ensemble, the Staged Reactions drama troupe, and worship bands. These groups minister primarily at churches, Christian service camps, and Crossroads events. Auditions and course registration are required.