The Business Administration Major is intended to equip students to serve in the business world with Christian attitudes and ethics that demonstrate servant leadership. Students will learn the basic skills necessary to function as a business owner, manager, or employee within the profit or non-profit sectors.
Students who successfully complete the Business Administration Major should be able to:
1. Integrate a biblical worldview with skills necessary to function in the business world.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles by which businesses and other organizations operate.
3. Understand and apply basic principles of accounting, management, marketing and finance.
4. Use basic computer programs relevant to business operations.
5. Demonstrate a foundational understanding of statistical methods.
6. Understand the laws governing business operations in the United States.
7. Deal effectively, legally, and ethically with employees.
8. Understand the specific issues relative to management of non-profit entities.
9. Draw upon the insights, skills, and experiences gained through an Internship in Business under the
supervision of a qualified individual.
10. Pursue work at other institutions, public or private, leading toward advanced degrees.