Educators assess. Assessment is one of the key elements of any classroom, program or institutional activity, and it belongs at the core of a college's mission. The Institutional Effectiveness Office at Crossroads College is responsible for coordinating the College's formal assessment program. The primary assessment activities of a colleges occur in all the places where the College performs its mission. The purpose of the Institutional Effectiveness Office is to locate those places, gather the assessment data, and put it into a format that allows the various departments and personnel to refine and enhance the mission of Crossroads College.
Accordingly, the Institutional Effectiveness Office carries out a number of tasks:
- In consultation with the faculty and other departments, it establishes an institution - wide assessment plan.
- It ensures that the various aspects of the plan are carried out, including student testing, and it collects all of the data that results from the successful performance of the plan.
- It supplies the faculty and other departments with the data from the assessment plan in a format that allows all parties to use that data to draw conclusions and formulate action plans regarding institutional performance.
- In concert with the Vice President of Academics and other departments, it helps to ensure that the college meets accreditation standards, especially with regard to assessment.
- When directed by the Vice President of Academics, the Institutional Effectiveness Office coordinates self-studies for accreditation purposes.
- When directed by the Vice President of Academics, the Institutional Effectiveness Office ensures that campus sponsored research meets all appropriate guidelines.
The Institutional Effectiveness Office at Crossroads College follows the Nichols Model for Institutional Effectiveness and Student Outcomes Assessment. For more information about the Institutional Effectiveness Office, contact:
Director of Institutional Effectiveness
920 Mayowood Road SW
Rochester, MN 55902
Fall 2012 Total Enrollment 152
Fall 2012 Average ACT Score of Incoming Freshman 20
Fall 2012 Student to Faculty Ratio 10:1
Fall 2012 Retention Rate 67%
Fall 2012 Graduation Rate 44%
Noel-Levitz SSI - Spring 2011 Crossroads National Average
Overall Satisfaction 5.70 5.35
Would Enroll Again 5.46 5.34
Met Expectations 4.95 4.65